Lauren Koch, OTD, OTR/L, CAPS
Topics: Falls Prevention
On this episode Lauren Koch, OTD, OTR/L, CAPS discusses her capstone project providing education on fall prevention for care managers and others. Lauren describes the resources she created and helpful lessons learned while implementing her capstone project.
Want more evidence based resources?
Want more evidence based resources? Check out our resources for professionals..
Resources Discussed in this Episode:
- Stark, S., Keglovits, M., Arbesman, M., & Lieberman, D. (2017, March 1). Effect of home modification interventions on the participation of community-dwelling adults with health conditions: A systematic review. American Journal of Occupational Therapy. American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.2017.018887
- Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) https://www.nahb.org/Education%20and%20Events/Education/Designations/Certified%20Aging-in-Place%20Specialist%20CAPS
- Home Falls and Accidents Screening Tool (HOME FAST) https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxzdHVkZW50Y2Fwc3RvbmUxMjJ8Z3g6MWQwODJhODIyZjA5NTE4ZA
- Safety Assessment of Function and the Environment for Rehabilitation- Health Outcome Measurement and Evaluation (SAFER HOME) https://homemods.org/materials/safer-safety-assessment-o-f-function-and-the-environment-for-rehabilitation-health-outcome-measurement-and-evaluation-safer-home/
- CICOA In-Home Fall Prevention Checklist https://cicoa.org/resource-center/faqs/in-home-checklist/
- Stopping Elderly Accidents, Deaths, and Injuries (STEADI) https://www.cdc.gov/steadi/
- AOTA Digital Badges https://myaota.aota.org/shop_aota/product/CEBDG25?_ga=2.98051359.1604030.1651104336-1310482207.1642268861
- Matter of Balance https://www.mainehealth.org/healthy-communities/healthy-aging/matter-of-balance